Top Posts & Pages
- Unpacking Straight Privilege
- Gay Mexican Teen Boys in the Desert Southwest?: Review of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
- I was Adam Lanza: a response to "I am Adam Lanza's Mother"
- Review Wednesday: Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets to the Universe
- Books about Periods suck. Plus, a cool resource.
Tags#WeNeedDiverseBooks abuse adoption adversity african american Andrew Aydin at-risk attachment Benjamin Alire Saenz book lists books boundaries boys budget bullying chime Cinco Puntos Press Common Core compassion craft death depression dissociation Dissociative Identity Disorder diversity domestic violence don't touch emotional abuse emotional neglect fantasy fear foster care gay gender GLBTQ Graphic Novels Head Start incest Lambda Literary Lesbian LGBTQ literacy loneliness Loss love Lyn Miller-Lachmann mental illness Nancy Garden neglect parents physical abuse Poverty PTSD race rachel wilson rape Republican sex sexual abuse sexuality Speak Spirituality suicide teens The March trans trauma VCFA Vermont College violence war womanhood Writer's Block Writing YA
- Follow Strong in the Broken Places on WordPress.com
Monthly Archives: November 2011
I discovered another amazing publication for those wanting to make a positive difference in the lives of children today. The publication and blog is called Teaching Tolerance. From the website they are, “A place to find thought-provoking news, conversation and … Continue reading
Cruising around for magazine markets to submit my writing to today (yes, I have finally decided that this is the year to take the plunge and get over my fear of submitting), I was delighted to discover what looks like … Continue reading